What You Should Expect During Dental Bonding
During the dental bonding session with Dr.May, you should expect the following:
- 1. Tooth colour choice:
Composite material is available in different colour shades. That means you will work with our dentists and team of dental hygienists to choose the specific shade that is perfect for your smile.
- 2. Tooth preparation:
The specific tooth or teeth to be treated will be roughened slightly to ensure that the composite resin material can adhere to the shape of your tooth.
- 3. Composite resin preparation:
Your dentist will apply the composite resin material to your tooth or teeth and hand shape it to the perfect shape of your tooth.
- 4. Composite resin hardening:
Your dentist will use a blue wavelength light to speed up the entire bonding process between your natural tooth structure and the composite resin material.
- 5. Trimming & polishing:
The excess resin material is eliminated, and the bonded tooth is shaped and polished to achieve a perfect sheen.
A HEALTHY SMILE
STEPS OF TOOTH BONDING
ALTERING THE APPEARANCE OF YOUR TEETH
Benefits and Limitations of Bonding
Here are the benefits of dental bonding:
- It keeps your natural teeth structure intact and needs minimal removal of the enamel part of your teeth
- The entire procedure can be completed during a single visit to our dental care facility
- Dental bonding is less costly compared to other options such as dental crowns or porcelain veneers
Here are the disadvantages of dental bonding:
- Less stain-resistant compared to porcelain material
- It might not be an appropriate treatment for the back teeth
- It may not be as durable or strong as porcelain material
Are you a Barrie resident and wish to learn more about dental bonding? Contact Molson Park Dental Office for assistance.
We are a Family Friendly Practice
At Molson Park Dental Office, we provide family dentistry services. Toronto and Barrie dentist, Dr. Layth works with every child to build trust and comfort through the entire dental visit process.